Introducing MINA | Map Indian Archaeology

This is my final post for the Institute. I take this opportunity to thank Ethan and Lynne for the chance to participate in the Institute. I am grateful to the faculty and participants for their ideas and support. Collectively, the Institute has been incredibly...

Reducing visual load and visualizing geo-information

Since the last post, I’ve been working with Mapbox and Leaflet. I decided to branch my repo to work on a non-WebGL -based webmap. I am focusing on existing map interaction tools such as marker clustering that reduce the ‘visual load’ in MINA. As I discussed in my...

Error checking and a big screen

This is my long-overdue update on MINA. I stopped juggling balls and made time to work on MINA. And I’m happy that you can see some of it here: dngupta.github.io/mina.github.io I won’t call this version 1.0. There are still quite a few issues to address...

Switching gears: Github + Mapbox

After an amazing Hackathon, where I had a chance to mine for text and images in web archives and several weeks of working through weekends on various commitments (i.e. co-editor responsibilities, manuscript revisions and the like), I fell sick. The silver lining in...